It is very rightly said “Change” is timeless, always young and the only thing in life which is permanent! Let us open the window of our soul and welcome yet another fresh breeze of change. Welcome year 2017 in our lives!! Now, in this New Year it’s time to go down the memory lane and introspect a little. Let’s zero down the changes we want in our lives this year and also figure out ways to keep our resolutions alive and finally make them a reality. Let us have a quick review of some of the healthy resolutions which will enrich the quality of our lives.
1. Share More Quality time with Family & Friends
Most of our nuclear family system is collapsing today due to lack of common time thus leading to weak understanding and compatibility. One should keep cherish moments of peace and tranquility with loved ones.
2. Step in with Fitness
Regular exercise has been associated with more health benefits than anything else known to man. Studies show that it reduces the risk of some cancers, increases longevity, helps achieve and maintain weight loss, enhances mood, lowers blood pressure, and even improves arthritis. In short, exercise keeps us healthy and makes us look and feel better.
3. Quit Smoking and Drinking
It’s never too late to say “No”! Even if one is a heavy smoker or alcoholic there are rehabilitation centers which will help them out. Gradually tapering down the amount and finally substituting them with healthy eating habit and workout are real time solutions.
4. Get Out of Debt
We need to ask this question to ourselves-“Was money a big source of stress in our life last year?”If “Yes” convert it to a big “No” this year by getting a hold on our finances and if necessary take professional help in planning finances.
5. Increase your Knowledge
It is very enriching to vow to make this year the year to learn something new. Perhaps for long you are considering a career change, want to learn a new instrument, or just how to fix your computer? Education is the crux of all add-on knowledge and one of the most motivating New Year resolutions!
6. Volunteer Help
If we stop living only for ourselves and start giving a small portion of our life for serving humanity we will definitely come closer to god. Serving humanity is like serving God hence let us resolve to volunteer help in any small or big way we can. Be it, helping to set up society’s library or as big as helping old-age homes. Let us make a small beginning this year.
New Year’s resolutions can be both troublesome and rewarding. Many people make them, but few make a real commitment to them. Let us spend some time pondering exactly what we hope to achieve this year ahead and how we must plan to do it. Some tips will definitely help sticking to our resolutions.
1. Limit the number of resolutions you make. It’s better to do one thing well than several things poorly (or not at all).
2. Be very specific about your resolution. Don’t say: “I want to lose weight.” Do say: “I want to lose 5 kgs a month so that I look good in my new dress on fourth of August.” Make realistic, measurable goals and write them down.
3. Place your list in a visible place to serve as a reminder and encouragement to yourself. It will also allow other people to see your resolutions and provide support. If you want to keep your resolutions private, record them in a diary l.
4. Set incremental goals and reward yourself for partial successes. If you’re working on saving more of your income, for example, reward yourself with a small splurge at each significant step.
5. Take action immediately. Make important appointments with a doctor, dietitian or counselor. Sign up for a gym membership or buy any equipment you need.
6. Substitute a good habit for the bad one you want to break. If your goal is to eat less junk food, find a healthy food you love. If you want to spend more time with your family, establish a special time during the week when everyone is together.
Hence, practicing these simple steps can go miles in keeping our resolutions alive and a promise which we have to keep. “The woods are lonely…but we have to go miles before we sleep”. Have a Happy New Year!!!